This document aims to give an overview of all active product versions in Holistics. Our latest version is Holistics 3.0 which evolves around the Data Modeling Layer, emphasizing on maintainability, reusability, and scalability of an analytics tool. It not only gives data teams more control on their analytics stack but also enables self-service exploration for non-technical teams.
Since we realized that creating reports directly from SQL can cause report sprawl scenario. Although they are seemingly quick and easy to generate, SQL-based reports are non-reusable and hard to manage, especially when your team has to deal with a huge amount of data. That's why we came up with version 3.0. As we mentioned above, the core value of our latest version is Data Modeling Layer:
- If you are a Data Analyst, our semantic layer can help you match your organization’s physical data with business logic, build reusable Data Models for future complex analyses and reports, or share them with the business teams to explore.
- If you are a non-technical person with keen eyes for numbers, you might want to explore data yourself without relying too much on data analysts, but are still intimidated by SQL. In that case, our Datasets and Explore Data feature will be most useful for you.
In brief, there are four different versions with different :
- Version 2.0: This version requires you strong technical knowledge since all reports are built directly from scratch by using SQL.
- Version 2.5: A combination of 2.0 and 3.0 where you can both keep the old way to create reports from SQL and experience our Data Modeling Layer.
- Version 2.7: A more stable and upgraded version than Holistics 2.5, where 2.0 and 3.0 features are used and managed separately. Hence, it provides 2.0 customers a clearer migration path to 3.0 version.
- Version 3.0
To differentiate these four versions in details, please take a glance at the following table:
Data Modeling Layer
A real-time semantic layer above the database that centralizes all data components and logics of an organization.
Data Import / Transform
Managed via Data Manager
Managed via Data Manager and Data Modeling
Managed via Data Modeling
An overview sheet of multiple metrics: - Metric Sheet 2.0: Older version of metric sheet - Metric Sheet 3.0 (coming soon): The latest version which is closely integrated to dashboard
Metric Sheet 2.0
Metric Sheet 2.0
Metric Sheet 3.0
Note: If a dashboard 2.0 stores a report 3.0, this report cannot be applied filter due to the version conflict
Note: For reports that aren’t in the same version with dashboard, filters can’t apply on it
Users can save tables/charts as independent reports
All reports have to be stored in a dashboard
All roles in Holistics: - Admin: Those who have full control over resources and management - Analyst: Those who can create and edit reports/dashboards - Explorer: Can view and explore reports, dashboards, dataset that are shared with them - Viewer: Those who can only view reports, dashboards that are shared with them
If you signed up after 18 February 2020, you mostly are on our latest version 3.0. However, to check it again, please click on Help button at the top right corner and you'll find your product version at the last row.
If your team is using our old versions and would like to experience our latest product version, please contact us via email [email protected].