Notes: We only support drill-downs for table and pie chart at the moment
Holistics Drilldowns feature helps you link different reports and dashboards together to tell a better story with your data.
Reports are often closely related with one report answering a question that supplements the other, but constantly navigating the report folder tree is inconvenient. With Drilldown, you can directly click the charts to navigate to related reports.
Examples: You have a data table shows revenues of the Shoes category. You would want to have a setup where clicking on a category displays all stores selling that category, and clicking on a store shows the revenue growth of all shoe categories in that store.
Drilldowns are made up of three parts:
- The destination report with a filter receiving values from the source report.
- The original report with a column that contains values that can be passed to a filter in the destination report.
- A drilldown to link reports:
- Link column: The column containing links that users click in to navigate to the destination report.
- Value column: A column that provides data for the filter in the destination report.
Simply following these steps:
- Select "Drilldowns" from settings dropdown menu at the top of your report:
- Select "New Drilldown":
- Fill in fields for your source report, destination report and their linking values and click Submit:
Now we can click on a value in a data table, and see information about that specific item.
See our video guide here for a more detailed walkthrough.