Permissions needed for the Holistics database user:
- Data Reporting: Read Access
- Data Preparation: Read Access + Write Access
- Data Modeling: Read Access + Write Access
Depending on your setup and security requirements, you may have to create a new user account to connect exclusively to Holistics.
To use Data Reporting module, the user must have been granted SELECT permissions on necessary tables. For Data Preparation and Data Modeling modules, write permission is needed since they will create/drop tables, as well as perform data insert/update/delete.
Assuming that the DB Username is holistics, the below section shows you how to create the DB user, and grant necessary access to it.
Fail to select data: Access denied for user...
Sometimes when executing the query, you may encounter this error:
The reason is that behind the scene Holistics also needs permission to run a CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE query to interpret your query result's data types.
If Holistics's DB user is not allowed such permission, the query will fail and throw an error. In this case, please grant the user permission to create the temporary table using this command:
Then privileges for the new user
Error Connecting: Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password' cannot be loaded
If you are unlucky to see this error when trying to connect to MySQL
Please change the password to
And try again.
- Oracle's schema is basically the set of all tables and other objects owned by user account, so it is roughly equivalent to a user account.
- Oracle supports four different character data types namely: CHAR, VARCHAR2, NCHAR, NVARCHAR2.